Between Seasons Styling Tips
Fed up of being too warm in your winter clothes in February? You are not alone! If our messages are anything to go by, you would like some help in styling up your seasonal wardrobe when we are (technically) ‘between seasons’, so here goes:
- You can wear your Spring Summer Wardrobe now – after all it is in stock in your favourite boutique….
- Layer, but be prepared to shed the top two – so unlike deepest winter, any old seen-better-days bottom layers will not cut it – you may need to reveal these!
- T-shirts are brilliantly versatile and can be worn under blazers, and oversized cardigans without sacrificing style or heat.
Between Seasons Wardrobe Heroes – Slogan T-shirts
- Think about swapping your heavy cashmere knits for lighter weight cashmere or cotton mix knits. Our knitwear selection will suit lots of budgets. Shop our Knitwear here.
- Wear Spring dresses and skirts now with tights (stockings/hold-ups) and ankle boots – these are more mild weather friendly than knee-length boots which can overwhelm dresses of lighter fabrics and colours. Metallic and light-coloured ankle boots can be interchangeable with trainers to make even a very formal dress/skirt look more casual, and frankly, more modern.
- Add a leather jacket to any outfit – they are never out of season.
Transitional Go To Piece – Leather Jacket
- Embrace the jumpsuit – even if it’s technically a two-piece – worn together you can easily create this on-trend look without bulking out in lots of layers.
- Use clever pieces that look like shirts, but are not! These clever collars from ICHI add the look of layering without any of the bulk, so are perfect for finer knits.
Enjoy creating between seasons dressing looks without bulk this month! Need more inspiration? Follow us and see the latest looks on our Instagram page: @fivesixblueboutique.